I’m Dr Shailey Agarwal and work both as a General Practitioner (GP) and Aeromedical Examiner (AME).
I trained as a Doctor at St George’s Medical School, London graduating with distinction in 2001. I continued my GP training in Guildford encompassing ENT, oncology, paediatrics, obstetrics/gynaecology, and geriatric rotations. Over the last 15 years, I have worked in various NHS GP practices across Surrey and London in addition to working as a private GP at The Harley Street General Practice and Harley Street Health Centre. My work over the years has particularly taken an interest in Medical Aviation, ENT, sexual health, and woman's health.
In 2013, I took an opportunity working at Emirates Airline in Dubai, UAE for 4 years as an AME assessing and treating pilots and cabin crew. I met people from all walks of life and diversifying my career in many remarkable ways. From flying in a simulator to experiencing hypoxia effects in a hypobaric chamber, I became fascinated with aviation medicine and have continued to practice as a CAA AME in the UK.
I am currently a CAA Class 2 AME and conduct regulatory private Pilot medicals. I also perform LAPL and Cabin Crew medicals. ‘Casework’ may be needed for those Pilots who need re-certification, which can also be done.
Please take note of the following important points:
· Pilot medicals take 60 minutes and can be booked up to 45 days before the medical date expiration
· A Med 160 can be filled out prior to the medical but should remained unsigned - https://www.caa.co.uk/Aeromedical-Examiners/Connecting-with-the-CAA/Medical-forms-available-for-download/
· A photo ID is always needed
· If an ECG or audiogram is indicated, this can be done at the medical
· An up-to-date Optician’s report is necessary for those who require corrective glasses or contact lenses or for any change in vision
· If contact lenses are worn, these must be taken out for the medical assessment and ensure glasses are brought with you
· Relevant medical reports from your GP or specialist will be required for certain medical conditions
· Please ensure you bring your original Aviation certificate with you. We will give you your new one to replace it at the end of your examination.
It is the responsibility of the Pilot to inform their AME of any decrease in fitness or if a new medical event has occurred. Please refer to the CAA website for detailed information.
I work the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Tuesdays of the month, but please call and enquiry about other days of the week. I look forward to meeting you.
Dr Shailey Agarwal
MBBS, DCH, DRCOG, DFFP, MRCGP, PgDipENT
CAA AME 20235
To book your Aviation Medical please us on 020 8336 6550.
|Private Pilot License (PLL initial or renewal)||£160.00|
|Light Aircraft Pilot License (LAPL)||£120.00|
|Casework (Depending on time required)||£50.00 - £100.00|