Dr Shailey Agarwal
MBBS, DCH, DRCOG, DFFP, MRCGP, PgDipENT
GMC 6027175, CAA AME 20235
Dr Shailey Agarwal is a GP Partner and CAA Class 2 AME
She qualified from St George’s Medical School in London with distinction in 2001 and has worked in ENT, oncology, paediatrics, obstetrics/gynaecology, and geriatric rotations. Her work has taken her to a variety of NHS GP practices across Surrey and London, in addition, to private general practice at The Harley Street General Practice and Harley Street Health Centre. Dr Agarwal’s main interests are in medical aviation, ENT, sexual and woman's health.
Dr Agarwal worked at Emirates Airline in Dubai, UAE for 4 years as an AME assessing and treating pilots and cabin crew. From flying in a simulator to experiencing hypoxia effects in a hypobaric chamber, she became fascinated with aviation medicine and has continued to practice as a CAA AME in the UK.
Aviation clinics are held weekly at The Grove’s Aviation Clinic which includes regulatory private pilot medicals, cabin crew attestations, LAPLs, and casework for pilots.
Please take note of the following important points:
· Pilot medicals take 60 minutes and can be booked up to 45 days before the medical date expiration
· A Med 160 can be filled out prior to the medical but should remained unsigned - https://www.caa.co.uk/Aeromedical-Examiners/Connecting-with-the-CAA/Medical-forms-available-for-download/
· A photo ID is always needed
· Initial class 2 pilots require an ECG and thereafter depending on the validity tables. An audiogram can be done at the medical if indicated
· An up-to-date optician’s report is necessary for those who require corrective glasses or contact lenses or for any change in vision
· If contact lenses are worn, these must be taken out for the medical assessment and ensure glasses are brought with you
· Relevant medical reports from your GP or specialist will be required for certain medical conditions
It is the responsibility of the Pilot to inform their AME of any decrease in fitness or if a new medical event has occurred. Please refer to the CAA website for detailed information.
To book your Aviation Medical please us on 020 8336 6550.
|Private Pilot License (PLL initial or renewal)||£200.00|
|Light Aircraft Pilot License (LAPL)||£145.00|
|Casework (Depending on time required)||£50.00 - £100.00|